Wednesday 17 August 2022

Beyond Man-made Paragraphs... 


As a child my ‘Morals’ were sound, even a bit Islamic, but when at Naryab Eid Festival a hidebound old deacon inveighed against Khattak Dance I rebelled. Years later, by the time of voyaging to London I was still a ‘believer’ in Democrac but had strong questions which were encouraged at Trinity University in Dublin. In Europe I became a freethinker, and when in 2003 I came to join PMLN in Islamabad I was soon regarded with suspicion, especially when I refused to become a Yes Man. Then when I got free access to Jaati Umra, the engagement was held up because again I balked at some leading leaders for their wrongs. I refused to stay silent when I was supposed to shout. But then When Pervez Rasheed, my only friend and supporter, died; I mean died politically for me, I flatly refused to pay my allegiance to PMLN’s rusted creed. From 2013 onwards I have increasingly regarded Democracy as an institution which defends such evils as slavery, color, caste, exploitation of labor and internal war. I think the greatest gift for Pakistan will be the dethronement of the Parliament and refusal to let Democracy be part of our 1973 constitution, or otherwise let Pakistan dwell and prosper without this robbed and raped, faultlessly faulty Constitution. (Bng)

No comments:

Post a Comment